Where We Began
Alpha Testing, Inc. was established in 1983 by Mr. Jim Hillhouse as a geotechnical engineering firm in Dallas, TX to provide full-service geotechnical, construction materials testing and inspection, and environmental services. Alpha Testing is a registered Texas Engineering firm (#813) and Texas Geoscience firm (#50341).
First In Service
Originally named "Alpha" to focus the young firm on being first in service, Alpha Testing maintains that focus today by centering our staff on a strong commitment to provide accurate, reliable and responsive geotechnical engineering and related services.
Where We Are
Alpha Testing currently has offices in Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio, Texas.
Where We Can Serve You
Alpha Testing is focused on Texas by Choice, but also routinely serves Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. With this regional focus, Alpha Testing is ranked #308 on the ENR's Top 500 Design Firms.
Who We Serve
Our clients include owners of, and consultants to, the residential development, K-12, institutional, transportation, State and municipal, and private development market sectors.
The following are Alpha Testing historical engineering services provided from each office location.
– Drilling, Laboratory Services, Engineering
Construction Materials Testing and Engineering
– Earthwork, Concrete, Asphalt, Reinforcing Steel, Structural Steel Inspection, Pier Inspection, Post Tension, Roofing, Masonry, Special Inspections
– Due Dilligence - Phase I ESA, Phase II ESA, Remediation
– Industrial Hygiene - Asbestos Services, Lead based paint, Mold, Indoor Air Quality
– Geotechnical, Environmental
– Methods - Hollow Stem Auger, Wireline, Coring, Rotary
Alpha Testing meets the requirements of ASTM E-329. Alpha Testing holds TxDOT pre-certification and individual certifications. Alpha Testing is AASHTO accredited and USACE validated. Alpha Testing's Houston office holds A2LA Accreditation in Geotechnical Testing and Construction Materials Testing.